The American College of Greece employs students on a part-time basis to assist in the daily operations or ad hoc projects of the administrative and academic offices of the College.
In order for Alba students to be eligible for work study, they must:
- maintain a minimum College Cumulative Index of 2.00/4.00
- register for a minimum of one course while employed
Documents to be submitted along with the Work Study Application Form:
- For Greek students: A copy of their Police Identity Card.
For students from the USA, Canada and other non-European Union countries: A copy of their current Residence Permit valid for employment or a copy of their Greek Identity Card/Passport (if applicable). IMPORTANT NOTE: A residence permit for studies or vocational training does not provide a right for employment.
For students from EU countries: A copy of EU Registration Certificate. If an EU student doesn’t have this certificate, the process of issuing one can be easily completed at the start of his/her employment.
- Official certification of past and/or current employment – Please click here to issue the certificate.
Even if you do not have former employment, you need to login into the platform and take a screen shot of the message that will appear on your screen stating that you do not have any former employment.
Also, if the official certification of past and/or current employment is unavailable, another document you could submit is the Census Certificate (Βεβαίωση Απογραφής) – Please click here to issue the certificate.
- Official document stating your Α.Φ.Μ. and Δ.Ο.Υ. – Please click here to issue the certificate.
- A.M.K.A (Social Security Number) – Please click here to issue the certificate.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English.
If you do not have a CV, you may contact the Office of Career Service at [email protected] to be provided with the college template.
- The IBAN (in print format) of the applicant’s personal account with the NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE (NBG).
Applicants who do not have an NBG personal account will need to issue one once they are employed since all college payments are done through the specific bank.
- All student employees should have submitted a Work Study Application Form (along with all the necessary documents stated above).
- No student employee can be employed at two different time spans during the same day (e.g. 9.00-11.00, 15.00-17.00). The daily working schedule must be continuous.
- Student employees may work for up to 15 hours per week.
- As students employees are announced to the Ministry of Labour prior to the beginning of the each semester/term, no change in working schedules (days and number of hours) may be accepted. Student employee working schedules should not be considered as typical but as obligatory and should be strictly uphold according to the Greek Labour Law.
- In the case of working for more than one offices, all above requirements must be met.
Please click here for the Work Study Program FAQs.
Fill in the Work Study Application Form.