ALBA in cooperation with the Information Society and Media DG of the European Commission organizes the first Policy Workshop on 'Employability of ICT Professionals, e-Skills and The Labour Market in the New Economy' on April 26th 2005, at Hotel Leopold in Brussels. This workshop is organised in the framework of the Information Society Policy Link initiative and INDICATOR project. This initiative is addressed to EU policy makers to ensure that results from European ICT research and other programmes provide greater leverage, both in implementing current policies and shaping priorities for the future.
The main objectives of the workshop are to:
- Provide information to participants on current EU policy on these issues
- Present recent relevant results of RTD and Deployment IS projects
- Propose and discuss policy recommendations
With a view to produce policy recommendations the workshop programme was divided in three consecutive sessions (workshops within the Policy Workshop) dedicated to the different but inter-connected aspects of the main topic at stake:
- Theme 1: Factors impacting employability for European IT professionals
- Theme 2: Strengthening EU policy on e-Skills to meet the real needs of industry
- Theme 3: EU labor market policy and ICT research
250 specialists and policy makers have been invited to participate. It is expected that a number of policy recommendations will be presented during the workshop which will be included in EC representatives' policy agendas.
For further information contact: Ms Zoe Kourounakou, email: firstname.lastname@example.org